Search This Blog

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Who I Am

Hi all! My name is Mrs. Howell. No, I have never been stranded on an island. No, I am not married to The Millionaire. If you are too young to get that reference, go look up Gilligan's Island.

The aim of this blog is to document my journey of novice urban gardening. My family currently rents a house in a nice neighborhood in a decently sized city. Our USDA Plant Hardiness Zone is 7a with hot summers and (usually) mild winters. In 2013, we did manage to grow some cherry tomatoes, a few strawberries, and a rather large and out of control watermelon patch. This year, we are going to attempt intensive gardening and a greater number of plants and varieties. I want to document all the ups, downs, trials, and tribulations for the 2014 gardening season here for anyone to read, be inspired, and maybe realize it can be done even in less than ideal locations! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment