Search This Blog

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Anyone else ever wonder why weekends are so short? Seems like I just can't get everything on my list done. Ever!

The good news is that I did manage to get a few things done though. First thing on Saturday was a trip to a giant rummage sale hosted by the Junior League of Knoxville. I was primarily looking for garden stuff when I found this lovely stack of pots!

They gave me a great deal on them when I finally made it to the cashier. Only $1.00 for the whole stack! I was super excited. Who doesn't love extra pots?!

After I left the sale, I made my way to the Winter Farmers Market hosted by Nourish Knoxville. I bought some lovely eggs from my favorite farmers at JEM Farm, then found some wonderful mint plants that just had to come home with me. Unfortunately, the Polar Vortex killed all my other mint plants and a lovely rosemary too. This time I am planting the mint in pots to allow me to take them with us when we move next year. Here they are in their new homes. We have Spearmint, Peppermint, Chocolate Mint, Apple Mint, Variegated Pineapple Mint, and Orange Mint. This was the Sunday evening project. I had a baby shower to attend for most of the afternoon for a lovely young lady.



I also found a few more strawberry plants to add to my collection. This is Tennessee Beauty Strawberries.





My wonderful husband also got two more 4' x 4' squares built for me this weekend too. Soon I will get to plant in them!





To round out today's post, here are a few more pictures from around the house and garden. The garlic seems to be thriving now. I can't wait to harvest it! We also have corn sprouting and soon to be ready for transplant. This is an experiment to see if it is possible to start it indoors to make an early harvest. And lastly, we were able to maintain a pretty decent temperature in the new greenhouse after we put an actual heater inside.




 I look forward to next weekend when we can really get some work done in the garden. See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment