Search This Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Another Beautiful Weekend

We have had gorgeous weather this weekend. I didn't get a whole lot done on Saturday, but I did manage to get quite a few things done today.

I planted out 30 strawberry plants of two different varieties. I had waited a bit too long to get them into soil when I received them which resulted in about a 40% loss of my starts. However, those that did take seem to be doing pretty well so far.








The seed potatoes have all been planted too. Hoping for a bumper crop of potatoes this year, but zero experience with them. Guess it will be a learn as I go part of the garden this year.

We also got a little excited since we started seeing some sprouts from the lettuce that was planted on 4/8.





I just love my "fancy" plant markers!


Finally, I got a few more herbs planted in their pots.





I plan to give you a run down of everything that has sprouted next week, but until then, here are some of the starts that are still in the greenhouse for now.





Until next week, Happy Planting!

1 comment:

  1. I want to do strawberries in a gutter this year. Cut a length of gutter into 4 pieces. Connect into a square and attach to four pvc pipes. Plants hang down as they grow & don't take up ground space! I saw a pic of it somewhere, I will try to find it for ya.

    ReplyDelete